Edie is an old soul. Born and raised in East Tennessee, she has southern Appalachia in her blood. She would say her difficult upbringing has been one of the greatest gifts of her life and she believes with all her heart that everything that happens to us, once redeemed by God, will be the magic—the source and inspiration for our greatest gifts to humanity. She loves to help women live out their calling and purpose with focused passion. After leaving her medical practice in 2008, she began writing her way through her own struggles and from those struggles she found her voice and her people. She writes for women in the trenches who sometimes doubt they are loved, who pray that what they are doing everyday really matters. She shares her hard fought wisdom with depth and humor and grace and her distinct flair for hospitality and beauty inspires those she meets online or in real life. Most of all, she writes about what it means to be a Christian woman in today’s complicated world—emphasizing that the whole reason we’re here is to serve our neighbor with the gifts we’ve been given.
- Aunt Glenda, Edie, Jamie, & Sister at Truvie’s Hair Salon
- Aunt Darlene, Sister, Aunt Glenda, & me for the Sisters Lunch & shopping day!
- Caiti, Emme, Me, & Taylor
- Stevie & Elea (2004)
- Caiti, Emme, Elea (2015)
- Daddy & Me
- Daddy in the fedora and Mama holding me
- Oh, how you wish that play button worked as Sister and I belted out Stand By Your Man